Position Summary: Arts Health Antigonish (AHA!), in partnership with the Department of Education, the Strait Regional School Board and Schools Plus, is seeking a musician to facilitate after school programs with youth in Inverness during the 2017-2018 school year, 2-3 afternoons each week. Through engagement with music, we hope to improve learning outcomes, communication skills and socialization.
- Create and implement an after school music program (of any form – instrumental, song writing, singing…), using music as a tool to improve learning outcomes, social skills and communication skills
- Liaise with School Administration, Schools Plus staff and teaching staff to identify learning outcomes to be addressed
- Report regularly to AHA! and the Department of Education
- Assist with evaluation of the program as requested by the NS Health Research Foundation
- Trained musician
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds having unique individual needs
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reflections of practice and to submit records in a timely manner to supervisors and funders
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions
- Ability to articulate the health-related benefits of engagement with music
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registration Check required prior to beginning employment
- Access to reliable transportation
Email letter of interest, resume and contact information for two references to: email@example.com 5 pm Thursday, August 31, 2017. (deadline extended).
Many thanks for your interest in working with AHA!