Position Title: Musical Pathways Program Facilitator
Position Summary: We are seeking a musician to facilitate after school programs with youth in Inverness County during the 2017-2018 school year, 2-3 afternoons each week. Through engagement with music, we hope to improve learning outcomes, communication skills and socialization. This position is supported by Arts Health Antigonish (AHA!), in partnership with the Department of Education, the Strait Regional School Board and Schools Plus.
Major Responsibilities and Commitments:
- Create and implement an after school music program (of any form – instrumental, song writing, singing…), using music as a tool to improve learning outcomes, social skills and communication skills
- Liaise with School Administration, Schools Plus staff and teaching staff to identify learning outcomes to be addressed
- Report regularly to AHA! and the Department of Education
- Assist with evaluation of the program as requested by the NS Health Research Foundation
- Available 3 days/week for 1.5 hours after school during the 2017-2018 school year. Other hours will be required, but can be at applicant’s convenience. This position supports up to 12 hours/week.
- Trained musician
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds having unique individual needs
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reflections of practice and to submit records in a timely manner to supervisors and funders
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions
- Ability to articulate the health-related benefits of engagement with music
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registration Check required prior to beginning employment
- Access to reliable transportation
Email letter of interest, resume and contact information for two references to: email@example.com
This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.