Arts Health Antigonish (AHA!) is hiring……
POSITION TITLE: AHA! Youth Project Coordinator
Term and hours: approximately 8 hours weekly for 6 months, with an option to both increase hours and continue beyond 6 months if further funding is secured
Supervised by the AHA! Leadership Team
The AHA! Youth Project Coordinator will coordinate and grow all AHA! youth projects and represent AHA! at local and provincial youth tables, between June 1, 2016 and November 30, 2106.
AHA! currently funds 4 artists part time in the community and has the potential to be part of at least three new youth projects in the coming months. The AHA! Youth Coordinator will support existing youth programming – including ensuring timely evaluation and reporting to funders, liaise with other groups offering art-health programming to youth, explore further funding for youth arts-health projects, represent AHA! at local and provincial tables concerned about youth health and engage in visioning for further support for arts-based programming for local youth.
– Liaise with those working in youth health and education in the community
– Support artists currently working with youth, including ensuring adequate training and timely evaluation of projects
– Represent AHA! as requested at youth health tables locally and provincially
– Explore and apply for further funding for youth arts health projects
– Support reporting to funders and employers, both verbal and written, regarding youth programming and its outcomes
– Liaise with others in the community, province and country interested in arts based youth programming
– Engage, with employer, in visioning of next steps in youth arts-based programming
Understanding of the value of the arts to youth wellbeing
Experience working with youth
Experience as an arts practitioner, in education and/or in health care will be considered assets
Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
An ability to work independently and be accountable for all actions and decisions, with a high degree of initiative
Creative and innovative thinking, adaptable
Team building, leadership and/or organizational skills
Project management skills and experience overseeing staff are assets
Please send a letter of interest, your resume and contact information for two references to: email@example.com by 5 pm, Friday, May 20, 2016.
Many thanks for your interest in AHA!