Arts Health Antigonish (AHA!) is hiring……
POSITION TITLE: Arts Canopy Project Coordinator
Term and hours: approximately 8 hours weekly for 50 weeks
Supervised by the AHA! Leadership Team
The Arts Canopy Project Coordinator will frame, coordinate, oversee and report on the Arts Canopy Project between June 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017.
Arts Canopy is a community-based project offering arts based programming to those living with dementia, with the goals of encouraging social engagement and communication through the arts. Four ten week sessions will occur in the community over the course of a year, with artists of different genres delivering arts programming at various community sites.
The Project Coordinator will coordinate the initial site assessments, ensure program supports are in place at each site, ensure artists have received appropriate training and preparation in working with elders with dementia, ensure materials are purchased and available for the sessions, provide a framework for evaluation for the project, support the artists in program delivery as needed and provide ongoing reporting to funders, employers and interested community partners, on the outcomes of the project.
– Liaise with those working in elder care and dementia in the community; identify, with partners, who will participate in the program
– Assist with hiring of artists, coordinate training of artists
– Coordinate scheduling of artists at various sites, adapting as needed to the needs of the participants
– Provide support as needed, to artists in their program delivery
– Report to funders and employers, both verbally and in writing, regarding the program and its outcomes
– Develop and implement framework for program evaluation in consultation with employer
– Liaise with others in the community, province and country interested in this project
Understanding of the value of the arts to wellbeing
Experience interacting with elders with dementia, an understanding of dementia
Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
An ability to work independently and be accountable for all actions and decisions, with a high degree of initiative
Creative and innovative thinking, adaptable
Team building, leadership and/or organizational skills
Project management skills and experience overseeing staff are assets
Please send a letter of interest, your resume and contact information for two references to: email@example.com by 5 pm, Friday, May 20, 2016.
Many thanks for your interest in AHA!