Arts Health Antigonish (AHA!) is hiring!
Spellbound by Nature Program Facilitator
AHA! is seeking an enthusiastic artist who loves the outdoors, to facilitate ½ day nature-based ‘playshops’ with youth. Taking place at various Antigonish outdoor locations, this position will support 12-18 hours weekly during the summer, with the possibility of more hours later in the summer and into the fall. Based on ‘The Lost Words’, AHA! hopes to foster a love of nature through encouraging keen observation and descriptive reflection to ‘conjure’ the natural world.
This position is supported by AHA! in partnership with the Nova Scotia Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage.
- Prepare and facilitate about 13-15 ‘playshops’ over the summer of 2019, for youth of all ages and groups of varying sizes
- Evaluate the playshops, making adjustments as necessary throughout the summer; coordinate evaluations from participants, parents, volunteers, support staff
- Report regularly to AHA!
- Coordinate with AHA! a celebration of the artwork created
- Available Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings throughout the summer, last Tuesday in July and first Tuesday in August. Preparation and evaluation hours will be required and compensated, but can be at applicant’s convenience.
- Prepare a final report with best practices learned from this pilot project
- Experience working with groups of children from diverse backgrounds, having unique individual needs
- Must have Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check; documentation required
- Artist of any genre is preferred for this position
- Experience in outdoor education, nature knowledge, biomimicry, indigenous knowledge of the land, other related fields, will be considered assets
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate reflections of practice and to submit records in a timely manner
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions
- Access to reliable transportation
Email letter of interest, resume and contact information for one reference to: email@example.com by noon on Friday, June 28th.