Arts Health Antigonish (AHA!) is seeking an artist to facilitate Art Care at St Martha’s Regional Hospital beginning in January 2020 for 12 months. Art Care supports healing for those in hospital through alleviating anxiety and loneliness. This position is a contract position for 20 hour/week, with at least 12 hours spent in direct contact with those staying in hospital. Remaining hours are spent in preparation, reporting and giving presentations.
Major Responsibilities and Commitments:
- Create and implement Art Care programming, both individual and group, using creativity as a tool to alleviate anxiety and loneliness
- Liaise with care staff to identify needs of those in hospital
- Evaluate programming ongoing, report regularly to AHA! and position funders
- Available 20 hours/week, of which at least 12 must be in daytime hours, Monday-Friday.
- Trained artist; experience in caregiving will be considered an asset
- Ability to articulate the health-related benefits of engagement with art
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and reflections of practice and to submit records in a timely manner
- Understand and respect participant confidentiality
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registration Check required prior to beginning employment; other requirements, as needed, for all hospital volunteers
Email letter of interest, resume and contact information for two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 15, 2019.