To celebrate Global Arts & Health Month, AHA! offered a series of “playshops” for the community for individuals who want to enhance their health by freely expressing their creativity! Through the playshops participants learned and experienced many ways in which creative expression is good for your health – of your body, mind and spirit!
Playshops included :
- Music and Words with John Graham-Pole and Wendell White
- Horticulture therapy playshops at the RK with Mary Partridge and community guests such as Highland Crest and the Children’s Place
- Thundertales at St. Andrews Junior School and Antigonish East school with Amberlee Boulton and several participating artists from the community.
- Palliative Care: Art Therapy at St Martha’s Regional Hospital with Dr. John Graham-Pole
- Bethany Playshop with Tom Curry
- Lakevale family playshops with Artist Nancy Turniawan and Rebecca Wild
Workshops were made possible thanks to generous support from several organizations.
AHA! is most grateful for their contribution.